United Nations University has launched the UNU OpenCourseWare Portal in February 2008 to make the course materials used by UNU’s Research and Training Centres and Programmes available on the Web, free of charge, to any user anywhere in the world. One of these courses is on IWRM.
The introductory course on Integrated water resources management is developed by the UNU International Network on Water and Health (UNU-INWEH, Canada) and examines the following topics in IWRM:
* Definitions and Introduction
* Water resources planning and management: History & Development of IWRM
* Integration – what needs to be integrated?
* Capacity Building for IWRM
* Governance and Community Approaches for IWRM
* Organizational and Management Issues in IWRM
* Procedures for a Successful IWRM Planning Process
* Filed Examples and lessons learnt in IWRM
* Application of IWRM in Drylands
On completion of the course, the student should be able to understand what IWRM is and the concepts needed for integrated thinking.